- Category Blockchain Practice
Why this practice area matters to you
Blockchain technology is a distributed ledger technology (DLT) that is gradually changing the way we exchange value and transact business. A trustless system, blockchain is being applied to digital identity management, health record management, insurance policy management, intellectual property management, payments, supply chain management, title management, and other areas.
As more digital assets are created, exchanged, or stored, there will be new opportunities as well as new risks, including legal and regulatory risks. Blockchain or cryptocurrency projects need to understand and appreciate the legal considerations in a target market.
This is where our Blockchain & Virtual Assets comes in.
Infusion Lawyers’ Blockchain & Virtual Assets Practice provides a multidisciplinary approach to clients’ work in this emerging area. As your partner in innovation, we will work closely with you to help you navigate the legal and regulatory compliance risks that may be associated with your project.
Maximizing opportunities and minimizing the risks in the decentralized economy
We provide legal advisory services and regulatory compliance in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and directives. Our professional guidance considers the positions of regulators whose regulatory frameworks and oversights may generally or specifically touch on blockchain applications in Nigeria.
Apart from legal representation, we are also able to work with policymakers and regulators who need expert guidance on policy and regulations for digital or virtual assets.
We take care of the following for you
- Business formation and structure
- Contracts drafting, review, and advisory
- Data protection & privacy
- Crowdsale Advisory: Initial Coin Offering (ICO), Initial Exchange Offering (IEO), Security Token Offering (STO), and other Token Generation Events (TGEs)
- Know your customer (KYC), anti-money laundering (AML), and combating financing of terrorism (CFT) compliance
- Legal Opinion on any aspect of blockchain/cryptocurrency regulations
- Legal policy
- Whitepaper review